Heimdall is just a way for me to write down some dumb ideas and projects somewhere on the Internet.
Eventually, I added some services that could be useful to me, my friends, my family or even you.
Its name comes from Heimdall, a god of Norse mythology who protected Asgard from intruders.
.pm stood for private messaging, but Heimdall has diversified with new services in the meantime.
It is licensed under CC0. Do whatever you want with it.
I was inspired by a lot of websites. Among them:
concealed.world (now meth.cat), omaera.org, dataswamp.org/~solene, lilibyte.net, getimiskon.xyz, qorg11.net, and surely many others that I forgot to mention.
But I didn't steal any code, I promise!
It's an OpenBSD 7.1 VM that I rent from OpenBSD Amsterdam.
They're cheap, powerful enough for my needs and their support is amazing.
It runs openHTTPd and relayd to display webpages, php-fpm to execute PHP, acme-client to generate TLS certs, openSMTPD, Dovecot and rspamd as its mail server, Prosody for XMPP, git and stagit for Git repos, murmurd for the Mumble server, tor for hidden services, a bunch of scripts for automating all of this and some PHP files for services webpages.
It's all encrypted using a strong password and a strong encryption method. Thanks OpenBSD.
- Absolutely NO logs are stored on the server.
Even if, by chance, a log file does appear, they're all
truncate'd by a cron job every 10 minutes.
- IPs are removed from outgoing e-mails and logs.
- The server is fully encrypted with a strong password, using OpenBSD's
- Client to Server (C2S) is enforced by default. HTTPs for webpages, SMTPs/IMAPs for mails, TLS for XMPP...
- At any time, if you wish to stop using Heimdall's services, you can ask for a full erasure via e-mail (which will be done by default). This means that all the data that were on the server (like mail accounts, mails, messages...) will be erased forever.
The mail/XMPP service:
It's a privacy-focused service, providing mail/XMPP accounts. Simple as that.
It runs openSMTPD and Dovecot for SMTPs/IMAPs and rspamd for spam filtering.
It also runs Prosody as its XMPP server, which uses the same accounts / passwords as the mail server.
- Forced C2S (but not S2S)
- No STARTTLS, only SMTPs (465) and IMAPs (993)
- IPs are removed from outgoing mails
- Works OOTB with most mail clients (Thunderbird, K-9 Mail..)
- Isn't flagged as spam as of now (2022/08/22)!
Runs openSMTPD 7.0.0 and Dovecot 2.3.19
- Multi-User Chat
- File Uploads (16MB max, files are kept for 2 weeks)
- Audio / video calls
- PEP (OMEMO and avatars)
- Forced C2S and S2S
- And more!
Runs Prosody 0.12.1
« Rules »:
- No illegal activity,
- No spam / harassment,
- No account abuse (i.e. asking for 30 mail accounts).
I reserve the right to have the final decision on any account that is found to be in violation of any of these three rules. Don't be a jerk and everything will be okay. I'm not an asshole.